My {Toy} Story

When I was little, my little brother had a hard time pronouncing my name and it most often came out as "Woody" instead of Lydia. Of course, we also loved the movie Toy Story and from then on my brother was my Buzz Lightyear and I was his Woody. It was us against the world and we were always {reaching for the sky} 


And well, I guess this is one of the ways I am going to carry out my kid motto! My first real blog that isn't full of teenage angst or for a school project. With that said, I really hope you don't expect some profound posts because this really and truly is the first time I am going to try and document my awesome life.

Yes. My life is awesome.

My life= 4 younger siblings and 2 rockin' parents that have lived all over the states and have made travel a priority. I was raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I am a Mormon! I love the gospel and I love to worship my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I attended and graduated from Randolph School with the best of friends I could ever ask for and still love talking and hanging out with them!


Now, I am a freshman in college at Brigham Young University and have been living in Provo, UT since June, so 6 months out west. Wait, did I mention I am from the beautiful Huntsville, AL. Oh yeah, the good ole South, where my heart will always be! Alright, back to those 6 months- I had the BEST time! I had amazing roommates both semesters, I got involved with BYUSA and met amazing people, and I experienced amazing growth in spirit and in mind. So yeah. It's pretty awesome and I am so grateful for the life I have been given to live!

Although it was all amazing, I needed a change of scenery, a new adventure. In less than 24 hours, I had applied and been accepted to a Winter Semester Study Abroad in Spain! I leave in just a few days and I hope to keep track of this crazy opportunity on this very blog!



Whenever people ask me if I am ready to go, I always just shrug my shoulders and spit out an answer that sounds good. Honestly, I am not so sure if what I say is what I believe. One of my best friend's Dad gave me the best advice I have heard as I have been getting ready to take off. He said that the feeling and cramping you get in your stomach whenever you are about to go up to bat or perform on stage or in my case, go to Spain for 4 months, the feeling is the same for both anxiousness and nervousness. It is up to your head to decide if you are going to let nervousness hold you back or be anxious and just go for it. (Shoutout to Mickey Plott because that was all you!) Do you think Woody and Buzz were nervous or anxious when they decided to go on their big adventures? I would put money down that they were anxious and they always succeeded. They also had 3 big movie adventures and hey, I am ready for my big debut. I am so excited to keep living my story and to never stop {reaching for the sky}

xoxo,
Lyds


No comments:

Post a Comment